As a returning adult student, once admission requirements for the Bachelor of General Studies program have been met, you will then have to complete General Education requirements and the Theme requirements to successfully obtain your degree.
Listed below are the BGS degree requirements for graduation:
- Fulfill requirements of the theme;
- Earn a minimum total of 120 degree credits. These may be from a combination of transfer and University of Connecticut credits;
- Fulfill minimum University General Education requirements applicable to the year of entrance into the program;
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0;
- Earn at least 30 credits at the University of Connecticut. UConn students entering the BGS program from another UConn school or college must complete at least 15 UConn credits while in the BGS program; and
- Earn a minimum of 30 credits at the 2000 level or above (courses numbered in the 2000 level at UConn or approved as equivalent for transfer to UConn from another college or university).